Building opportunities for tomorrow...


HUD Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH)

The VASH program provides voucher rental assistance through HUD funding specifically for qualifying homeless veterans. The VASH program, through a cooperative partnership, provides long-term case management, supportive services and permanent housing support to prevent and end homelessness.

The Authority currently manages 66 HUD-VASH vouchers. Veterans inquiring about the HUD VASH voucher or housing assistance must start the referral process contacting the Merced VA office.

Current HUD VASH voucher holders wishing to port in from another county must contact their current HUD VASH voucher case manager first.

To apply for HUD-VASH, please contact your local VA Homeless Program. Veterans can contact the HUD-VASH program directly, or obtain a referral from a case manager in another VA program, from a community program, or other referral sources.

If you are a Veteran living in Merced County you may contact the local VASH Coordinator at :

 Merced Veteran’s Affairs

Guadalupe T. Rios, LCSW

HUD VASH Social Worker

Social Work Service


340 E. Yosemite Avenue

Merced, CA 95340

(209) 381-0105, opt. 6

(559) 981-6017 (cell)

(209) 381-0107 (fax)